Sunday, July 29, 2007

Is Celiac Disease/Wheat Intolerance Cureable?

I'm sorry to say that the answer to the above question is... no. There is no cure for this disease but you don't have to let it RUN your life! This disease will not kill you but can and does for 1000's make their lives very unpleasant.

Read labels, get back to basics with your cooking, don't eat pre-made items unless they are clearly marked GLUTEN FREE. Watch out for wheat, white flour, wheat flour, barley and the like.

As you've seen from just the few posts that I have done so far, I have even stopped buying store made desserts and now make my own. It's trial and error really on that part but so far almost all the recipes I've made, I've liked and a few I've even loved.

I'm learning slowly but in the end I believe that I will be able to stop label reading all together because I will know what foods are and aren't on my list of 'able to eat' foods. Just as though you were trying to do a low far or low sugar diet... this diet is no different, just trying to cut something different out.

Keep it going, stay strong and remember, although you can never get rid of it, you can control it! Also please remember even just the smallest amount of something wheat wise, will not allow your body to heal. Don't revert, don't take on the pain and discomfort if you have found that cutting wheat from your diet has improved your quality of life!

No comments: