Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Good-Bye Pasta?!?!

Not on your LIFE! I know it seems as though you have to give up your most loved foods because you have to leave out all the pastas, breads, pastries and so forth but you couldn't be farther from the truth!

This thought was the first thought that went through my mind.... 'But pasta is one of my most favorite foods!! Now I have to give it up?!'. Well as said before, you don't need to give up some of your favorite foods, you just need to know what to buy or how to make them!

I've tried a few different 'gluten free' pastas and have found 1 that I can make almost any warm pasta dish from and happy that I can. It's spaghetti made from corn flour instead of wheat flour. It's a bit thicker then your normal spaghetti but in no means tastes any different, specially if your adding sauces and more to it.

I've also tried spiral rice pasta but did not like the over all 'different' taste to it. I am still in search for a decent shaped pasta that I can make cold dishes from like Tuna Pasta Salad or the like. But for a hot dish, I highly suggest the spaghetti pasta made from corn!

No comments: