Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tired and Down

Well I guess this would be my official 'I'm tired of this diet' spot of this whole thing. I'm sure we all get it and I know I'll get over it but *growl* I hate this really at this point. The biggest time that I hate it is every week when I have to buy bread for my husband's lunches. The sweets and such aren't a problem really since I can make things to substitute them with but I REALLY miss a good piece or 2 of BREAD! Ok now I know there are gluten-free breads out there but most of them really suck around here. They don't have a bite to them, they tend to have quite a funky flavor compared to a good white/wheat bread with gluten and then to top it all off, they fall apart the minute you bite into them.

I have found a good raisin/hazelnut bread that makes some really good ham/cheese sandwiches but that I think is due to all the extra stuff in it over powering the 'off taste' of it all. I will be getting some tomorrow so here is hoping it'll make my mood better.... but I still can't help but want to sit down to an entire loaf of bread with any thing I can put on them from peanut butter to turkey slices to cheese.... but I will resist as I always do because I know that even just 1 bite of a piece of bread will put me into pain and discomfort for 3days or more straight.

I hope you all out there are doing better. Tomorrow I'll post some new recipes.

2 comments:

eileen said...

Hi;

I get exhausted when I eat cake, donuts, pasta or bread. Do you think I have wheat intolerance?

Curvy Kitty said...

Sorry that I did not see this comment until now, I have been VERY bad at keeping up with this blog but I'm back on roll now! :D

As for getting tired... I would not say this is not really a prime reason to believe you are wheat intolerant.

Just like with any carbs you take in with exception of the 'slow burn' ones such as whole wheat breads, brown rice and so forth.. raw sugar style (cakes pastries and so forth), you body will react by making you first full of energy and then quick to drop from it as well as your blood sugars fall.

Slow burn style carbs will keep you awake more and feeling full longer then the fast ones like raw sugar :)

If you suspect that it's more then that, it never hurts to ask your doctor to schedule you to be tested for wheat intolerance... and if you do so, make sure he DOES IT! A lot of doctors say that it's IBS when it's said more then 7 out of 10 of those they had that were actually wheat intolerant!