Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Recipe - Spinach Souffle

This might not appeal to a lot of people but I happen to love spinach. Ok so not to a point that I'd eat it every month or anything but when I lived in the USA I use to love the pre-made stuff by Stouffers... mmmMM good! But since I can't get that out here and I'm almost possitive it'd have gluten in them some how.

Again, on my search for stuff I found the recipe at Mr. Breakfast and I have to admit I have tried a couple times at this now and not ever really perfected it at least to my standards. At first I thought the recipe didn't sound like 'souffle' sounds to me. When I think of souffle I think of egg whites with stuff slowly added to it to no reduce the air and such. Not full ages just mixed into other stuff. But since I've now made these with reduced ingredients (try #1), with using egg whites that have been beaten til fluffy (try #2) and then this last time by the recipe. (try #3) I can honestly say, follow the recipe they give you.

I also suggest making these in ramikans (take a look at the site and in the photo there, that dish is what is call a ramikan) because it will mean they might rise more then the pan I did this in. That will be my try #4 :P

Spinach Souffle
Ingredients
2 10-ounce packages frozen leaf spinach -- thawed (I drained mine also)
1 large egg 1/3 cup lowfat milk
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon crushed garlic salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 350f or 180c. In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, milk, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Fold in spinach. Pour mixture into the ramikans or a small baking dish and bake for 20mins in preheated oven until set. For me that means you should see the liquid that sits in the creases turn solid.

No comments: