Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fennel - Fall To Spring Veggie

I didn't know where to start in my archive of photos/recipes so I thought I would bring the light of at least one new ingredient that I started to use earlier this year... it's a called Fennel. It's a bulb style vegetable that seems to have it's peak season in the fall to spring. I started using this ingredient when I started watching my first season of Jamie Oliver recipes DVD's and he was making a fennel and radish salad. It looked really good and I love radishes.

This vegetable has a kind of light black licorice taste to it but it is very light. The texture is more like celery. It can be used raw or cooked in a number of ways. So far for me though I have only used it in the one recipe but as time goes on I plan to try some other things with it as well.


No comments: